BOSTON (AP) — A Boston firefighter who was charged with raping a child has died after being found in “medical distress” in his jail cell.
The Suffolk County district attorney’s office says 38-year-old Samuel Perez Rosado died at a hospital Friday. His cause of death has not been released, but authorities say the case is not being treated as a homicide.
Investigators say officers at the Suffolk County jail found Rosado in his cell early Wednesday and rushed him into “emergency medical care.”
Rosado was charged with sexually assaulting a child over the course of several years. Authorities say the child was between the ages of 12 and 16.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
Rosado’s attorney, Keith Nicholson, tells The Boston Globe that Rosado’s death is a “sad situation all around.” He previously said Rosado denied the allegations.
Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.bostonglobe.com