VELIKA KLADUSA, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — Bosnian police say three officers and three migrants have been hurt in skirmishes on the border with Croatia, where dozens of people have been trying to cross into the European Union country.
Police spokeswoman Sanela Djukovic said Thursday that the migrants spent the night at the border in northwestern Bosnia. Djurkovic said they hurled stones and glass at police during the night and tried to push through police cordons.
On Wednesday, the migrants clashed with Bosnian police blocking the way to Croatia. Thousands have been stuck in Bosnia while trying to reach Croatia and other EU countries.
Several dozen people remained near the border crossing around midday Thursday. Women and children could be seen holding banners pleading for the European borders to open for people fleeing war and poverty.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Analysis: French anger shifts from pension law to focus on Macron
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- COVID's still out there. Here's what to do if you get it now.
- Should you get another COVID booster?
- Stolen valor: The U.S. volunteers in Ukraine who lie, waste and bicker