TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Border Patrol agents from Arizona’s Tucson Station say they have arrested a U.S. citizen and four Honduran nationals after a failed human smuggling attempt that led agents on a pursuit.
The Border Patrol said Friday that agents on Thursday had tried to stop a sedan for an immigration inspection near the southern town of Sasabe close to the border with Mexico, but the driver of the vehicle sped away eastbound toward the community of Arivaca.
The agency used a helicopter to help with the pursuit.
Border officials arrested the driver, two passengers in the car and two other in the trunk after the vehicle stopped in Arivaca.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Neil Armstrong’s death, and a stormy, secret $6 million settlement
- Wray says FBI has recorded about 100 domestic terrorism arrests in fiscal 2019, many involving white supremacy
- Trump administration to expand its power to deport undocumented immigrants
- USDA rule would cut food stamp benefits for 3.1 million
- 5 things you may not know about Boris Johnson, UK's next PM VIEW