TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — The U.S. Border Patrol says it has arrested four people suspected of being involved in a migrant smuggling attempt in Arizona.
Agents from the Tucson Sector’s Douglas Station found the four in a Chevrolet Cavalier sedan during a Sunday night immigration stop on State Route 80.
The agency says the driver was an 18-year-old Mexican man with authorization to work in the United States and his front seat passenger was a 19-year-old man from Ghana without permission to be in the U.S.
A search turned up two Mexican men, ages 22 and 40, in the car’s trunk. Agents believe both men entered the United States illegally.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
The driver was arrested for migrant smuggling and the other three men were taken into custody on immigration violations.