MANDAN, N.D. (AP) — Investigators say a man tried to stab a North Dakota police officer with a syringe during an arrest struggle.
Court records say the incident happened in Mandan, just west of Bismarck. Investigators say officers approached Kelly McLeod at a gas station and tried to arrest him on a probation warrant. He took off running but was tackled by a detective.
Authorities say McLeod tried stabbing the officer with a syringe filled with brown liquid that he said was deadly.
Officers backed off. Investigators say McLeod fled and broke into an apartment building where he was arrested. Police say they recovered a gun and a bag of heroin nearby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
KXMB reports McLeod made a court appearance Monday and bond was set at $50,000. It’s unclear if he has an attorney.
Information from: KXMB-TV, http://www.kxnet.com