MANDAN, N.D. (AP) — Investigators say a man tried to stab a North Dakota police officer with a syringe during an arrest struggle.
Court records say the incident happened in Mandan, just west of Bismarck. Investigators say officers approached Kelly McLeod at a gas station and tried to arrest him on a probation warrant. He took off running but was tackled by a detective.
Authorities say McLeod tried stabbing the officer with a syringe filled with brown liquid that he said was deadly.
Officers backed off. Investigators say McLeod fled and broke into an apartment building where he was arrested. Police say they recovered a gun and a bag of heroin nearby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
KXMB reports McLeod made a court appearance Monday and bond was set at $50,000. It’s unclear if he has an attorney.
Information from: KXMB-TV, http://www.kxnet.com