MANDAN, N.D. (AP) — Investigators say a man tried to stab a North Dakota police officer with a syringe during an arrest struggle.
Court records say the incident happened in Mandan, just west of Bismarck. Investigators say officers approached Kelly McLeod at a gas station and tried to arrest him on a probation warrant. He took off running but was tackled by a detective.
Authorities say McLeod tried stabbing the officer with a syringe filled with brown liquid that he said was deadly.
Officers backed off. Investigators say McLeod fled and broke into an apartment building where he was arrested. Police say they recovered a gun and a bag of heroin nearby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Trump says summit with Putin was 'even better' than NATO meeting; Republicans criticize his Helsinki comments
KXMB reports McLeod made a court appearance Monday and bond was set at $50,000. It’s unclear if he has an attorney.
Information from: KXMB-TV, http://www.kxnet.com