RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — Bond has been reduced for three of the four suspects in the alleged assault of a South Dakota Highway Patrol trooper.
Twenty-two-year-old Jonathan Melendez, 26-year-old Desiree Sukert and 23-year-old Chase Sukert all have pleaded not guilty to being accessories in the alleged Oct. 24 assault of Trooper Zachary Bader during a traffic stop on Interstate 90 east of Rapid City. They also face drug and weapons counts.
KEVN-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1ZANNhb ) bond for Melendez and Desiree Sukert has been reduced from $1 million to $50,000, and bond for Chase Sukert has been lowered from $750,000 to $50,000.
Thirty-three-year-old suspect Donald Willingham has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, aggravated assault, and drug and weapons charges in the case. His bond is $5 million.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Career prosecutors recommend no charges for Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe
All of the suspects are from Washington State.
Information from: KEVN-TV, http://www.kevn.com