HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) — A bomb threat forced two Florida schools to evacuate.
Hollywood police spokeswoman Miranda Grossman tells The Miami Herald the middle and elementary schools were evacuated Wednesday afternoon after someone called in the threat.
The call came in to Driftwood Elementary School, which sits next to Driftwood Middle School, just after 2 p.m. The schools had already been dismissed by then.
Police cleared the area by 4 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com