HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) — A bomb threat forced two Florida schools to evacuate.
Hollywood police spokeswoman Miranda Grossman tells The Miami Herald the middle and elementary schools were evacuated Wednesday afternoon after someone called in the threat.
The call came in to Driftwood Elementary School, which sits next to Driftwood Middle School, just after 2 p.m. The schools had already been dismissed by then.
Police cleared the area by 4 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com