HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) — A bomb threat forced two Florida schools to evacuate.
Hollywood police spokeswoman Miranda Grossman tells The Miami Herald the middle and elementary schools were evacuated Wednesday afternoon after someone called in the threat.
The call came in to Driftwood Elementary School, which sits next to Driftwood Middle School, just after 2 p.m. The schools had already been dismissed by then.
Police cleared the area by 4 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- New accusation rocks Kavanaugh nomination; Trump stands firm VIEW
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com