HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) — A bomb threat forced two Florida schools to evacuate.
Hollywood police spokeswoman Miranda Grossman tells The Miami Herald the middle and elementary schools were evacuated Wednesday afternoon after someone called in the threat.
The call came in to Driftwood Elementary School, which sits next to Driftwood Middle School, just after 2 p.m. The schools had already been dismissed by then.
Police cleared the area by 4 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com