IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (AP) — A Boise Democrat will challenge Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Simpson for Idaho’s 2nd Congressional District in 2018.
The Post Register reports that Aaron Swisher announced Saturday he plans on challenging the GOP incumbent in the upcoming election. Swisher — an economist who works at Clarivate Analytics — is currently the only Democratic candidate running for the seat.
Swisher says he views income-inequality as America’s biggest problem.
The 66-year-old Simpson was first elected to Congress in 1998 and has easily defeated his Democratic opponents in previous elections.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At least 13 people arrested at Portland, Oregon, protest VIEW
- 'CBS Evening News' anchor Norah O'Donnell caught on hot mic during Plácido Domingo segment saying 'Sounds like somebody else here'
- 2 Blue Angels planes touch during midair practice run
- Woman thought she had kidney stones, gave birth to triplets
- Java still a no-no for Mormons despite fancy coffee names
Simpson campaign spokesman Luke Kilcup says Swisher’s decision to enter the race doesn’t change the focus of their campaign.
Information from: Post Register, http://www.postregister.com