NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Police say a district attorney from east Tennessee has been found dead in a Nashville hotel room.
The Metro Nashville Police Department says on Twitter that 54-year-old Unicoi County District Attorney Anthony “Tony” Clark was found dead of apparent natural causes Sunday.
The department says Clark was scheduled to undergo a medical procedure this week and family members were in Nashville with him.
Clark is a Johnson City native who was re-elected to an eight-year term in 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Japanese student goes to graduation dressed like Zelenskyy
- What we know about the Covenant school shooting in Nashville WATCH
- Police: Nashville shooter fired indiscriminately at victims WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Survivor of Highland Park gunfire crashes Nashville shooting news conference