NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Police say a district attorney from east Tennessee has been found dead in a Nashville hotel room.
The Metro Nashville Police Department says on Twitter that 54-year-old Unicoi County District Attorney Anthony “Tony” Clark was found dead of apparent natural causes Sunday.
The department says Clark was scheduled to undergo a medical procedure this week and family members were in Nashville with him.
Clark is a Johnson City native who was re-elected to an eight-year term in 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.