MARGATE, N.J. (AP) — The body of one of two teenage swimmers swept away by a strong current and missing from Atlantic City, New Jersey, since last week has been found.
And a girl who had been on life support following a similar accident in Belmar has died.
Authorities discovered the body of 16-year-old Kaliyah Hand on Monday morning in Margate, a few miles south of Atlantic City.
Kaliyah’s 15-year-old friend Ramon Quinn tried to rescue her but was himself swept away Thursday. Police say both were pulled underwater by the current. Ramon remains missing.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
Kaliyah was from Atlantic City. Ramon was from Pleasantville. They went missing the same day a 13-year-old girl died in Belmar, and her 12-year-old cousin died on Monday.
Both accidents happened after lifeguards had gone home for the day.