GALVESTON, Texas (AP) — Galveston police are investigating the discovery of a small boy’s body found washed ashore on a beach.
Police say a person walking the beach spotted the body Friday evening in the surf on the island’s east end. The child appears to be between 3 and 5 years old.
Police say they’ve checked surrounding counties but no missing person report matches the description of the child.
Galveston police Capt. Joshua Schirard says such a case is very unusual. He also says it’s very difficult to have the death of a child and not have answers to give to anyone.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog