BEND, Ore. (AP) — Authorities investigating a car accident in Central Oregon discovered the body of a 24-year-old man near the scene.
Bend police say a driver suffered a medical problem before leaving the highway and crashing onto railroad tracks Wednesday night.
No one was hurt in the crash, but the body of Robert McKinney was found in a spot hidden from the highway.
Oregon court records show McKinney was arrested in November for stealing car keys and entering a motor vehicle. He failed to appear at his arraignment and a warrant was issued for his arrest in mid-December.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Trump tried to strangle Secret Service agent in attempt to reach Capitol on Jan. 6, aide testifies
- The story behind AP report that caused Trump to throw lunch
Police do not believe his death stemmed from the car accident or foul play.
It’s unknown if McKinney had shelter in Oregon. He listed a Joplin, Missouri, address in court papers following his arrest.