ALBANY, Ore. (AP) — The body of a U.S. Navy veteran has been found in the Willamette River near Albany nearly three weeks after his family reported him missing.
The Corvallis Gazette Times reports Thursday that 46-year-old Justin Sitton had a traumatic brain injury.
He was reported missing on Aug. 6 and found Tuesday night at Eads Park.
No foul play is suspected in his death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
Authorities will do an autopsy to determine if Sitton drowned or if something happened to him before he fell into the river.
Information from: Gazette-Times, http://www.gtconnect.com