SPIRIT LAKE, Iowa (AP) — The body of a 71-year-old fisherman has been recovered from East Okoboji Lake in northeast Iowa.
The Sioux City Journal reports that the body of Wayne Krogman, of Spirit Lake, was found just after 4 a.m. Thursday.
A news release from the Dickinson County Sheriff’s Office says Krogman had been fishing Wednesday in waters near the spillway at the north end of the lake. His wife became concerned when he did not return home. She found his truck at the fish hatchery, but could not find him.
The Spirit Lake Police Department arrived around 1 a.m. Thursday to look for Krugman, and a rescue team soon followed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com