SPIRIT LAKE, Iowa (AP) — The body of a 71-year-old fisherman has been recovered from East Okoboji Lake in northeast Iowa.
The Sioux City Journal reports that the body of Wayne Krogman, of Spirit Lake, was found just after 4 a.m. Thursday.
A news release from the Dickinson County Sheriff’s Office says Krogman had been fishing Wednesday in waters near the spillway at the north end of the lake. His wife became concerned when he did not return home. She found his truck at the fish hatchery, but could not find him.
The Spirit Lake Police Department arrived around 1 a.m. Thursday to look for Krugman, and a rescue team soon followed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
Information from: Sioux City Journal, http://www.siouxcityjournal.com