PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Portland police say they are investigating the death of a man whose body was found on a city street in the middle of the day.
The Portland Press Herald reports police say the man’s body was discovered on Tuesday around noon and the death is not considered suspicious. Police did not provide further information and did not identify the man. They also declined to speculate on a potential cause of death.
A first-year student at Southern Maine Community College says he found the man slumped over behind a car and tried to wake him. He called 911 when the man did not respond.
An autopsy is planned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump moves to effectively end asylum at southern border
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
- Trump digs in on racist tweets: 'Many people agree with me' VIEW
- Prosecutors want Mexican megachurch leader held without bail VIEW
- Yosemite to restore names to historic attractions under $12 million settlement