PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Portland police say they are investigating the death of a man whose body was found on a city street in the middle of the day.
The Portland Press Herald reports police say the man’s body was discovered on Tuesday around noon and the death is not considered suspicious. Police did not provide further information and did not identify the man. They also declined to speculate on a potential cause of death.
A first-year student at Southern Maine Community College says he found the man slumped over behind a car and tried to wake him. He called 911 when the man did not respond.
An autopsy is planned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump likens House impeachment inquiry to 'a lynching' VIEW
- US diplomat: Trump linked Ukraine aid to demand for probe VIEW
- ‘Are you talking to me?’ Trump’s anger on impeachment erupts
- 'You people with this phony Emoluments Clause': Cabinet meeting devolves into 71 minutes of Trump grievances
- Google Maps now shows speed traps, potentially raising the ire of law enforcement