VAIL, Colo. (AP) — Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found near Vail Ski Resort.
Police say a person reported seeing the man’s body in Gore Creek from a ski lift Tuesday morning. Police and firefighters removed the body but didn’t find any identifying information.
Police say the man appears to be between 45 and 55 years old. He apparently wasn’t there very long because police say he had a newspaper from Monday in his backpack. There was also a small set of car keys and a first aid kit in the bag.
Access to the ski area from Lionshead Village was temporarily shut down by the investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH