VAIL, Colo. (AP) — Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found near Vail Ski Resort.
Police say a person reported seeing the man’s body in Gore Creek from a ski lift Tuesday morning. Police and firefighters removed the body but didn’t find any identifying information.
Police say the man appears to be between 45 and 55 years old. He apparently wasn’t there very long because police say he had a newspaper from Monday in his backpack. There was also a small set of car keys and a first aid kit in the bag.
Access to the ski area from Lionshead Village was temporarily shut down by the investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH