VAIL, Colo. (AP) — Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found near Vail Ski Resort.
Police say a person reported seeing the man’s body in Gore Creek from a ski lift Tuesday morning. Police and firefighters removed the body but didn’t find any identifying information.
Police say the man appears to be between 45 and 55 years old. He apparently wasn’t there very long because police say he had a newspaper from Monday in his backpack. There was also a small set of car keys and a first aid kit in the bag.
Access to the ski area from Lionshead Village was temporarily shut down by the investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect