VAIL, Colo. (AP) — Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was found near Vail Ski Resort.
Police say a person reported seeing the man’s body in Gore Creek from a ski lift Tuesday morning. Police and firefighters removed the body but didn’t find any identifying information.
Police say the man appears to be between 45 and 55 years old. He apparently wasn’t there very long because police say he had a newspaper from Monday in his backpack. There was also a small set of car keys and a first aid kit in the bag.
Access to the ski area from Lionshead Village was temporarily shut down by the investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach