OLD SAYBROOK, Conn. (AP) — Authorities say the body of a kayaker who went missing last month has been recovered off the coast of Old Saybrook.
A spokesman for the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection confirmed that the body recovered in Long Island Sound on Tuesday morning is 18-year-old William Zadrozny.
The recovery comes eight days after Zadrozny went missing while kayaking in the area. He was last seen at the mouth of the Connecticut River.
The Coast Guard began searching for him after a good Samaritan found his overturned kayak around 5 p.m. May 28. A life jacket and fishing gear were inside.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
The search was suspended the next day.