PORT HURON, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a body has been found in a home that caught fire near Port Huron in St. Clair County.
Sheriff’s officials say first responders from several departments were called to the Saturday night blaze on Range Road, the boundary between Kimball and Port Huron townships. They forced their way into the home but couldn’t immediately find anybody because of the smoke and flames.
Officials say they later found the body of the homeowner. They aren’t releasing the person’s name until relatives are notified.
The sheriff’s department is investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will