ANDOVER, S.D. (AP) — Authorities have recovered a body from the rubble of an apartment fire in northeastern South Dakota.
The South Dakota attorney general’s office said Saturday that local police confirmed that a body was found in the apartment complex.
The fire was reported about 1:30 a.m. Friday at the complex in Andover.
The Aberdeen News reports a spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office would not comment on whether the victim was killed by the fire, but said law enforcement officers do not feel there is a threat to public safety.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Man firing into Toronto cafes shoots 14 people, killing 2 WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
Day County officials say the four-unit apartment building is a total loss.
The attorney general’s office says the investigative is active and more details will be released once the body is identified.