ANDOVER, S.D. (AP) — Authorities have recovered a body from the rubble of an apartment fire in northeastern South Dakota.
The South Dakota attorney general’s office said Saturday that local police confirmed that a body was found in the apartment complex.
The fire was reported about 1:30 a.m. Friday at the complex in Andover.
The Aberdeen News reports a spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office would not comment on whether the victim was killed by the fire, but said law enforcement officers do not feel there is a threat to public safety.
Most Read Stories
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
- Crashes involving 25 vehicles shut down snow-slicked I-90
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
Day County officials say the four-unit apartment building is a total loss.
The attorney general’s office says the investigative is active and more details will be released once the body is identified.