GRISWOLD, Conn. (AP) — State and local authorities in Connecticut have found a body in a pond where a snowmobiler went missing in December after falling through the ice.
The body was found at Pachaug Pond in Griswold on Tuesday. Local firefighters and officers with state police and the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection were on the scene.
Officials say the identity of the person needs to be confirmed by the medical examiner’s office.
Authorities previously said 56-year-old John Dubois, of Griswold, went missing Dec. 16 while snowmobiling on the 840-acre (340-hectare) pond, which was covered with ice. First responders found the snowmobile at the time, but not the rider.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump escalates attacks on McConnell with 'DEATH WISH' post
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Russia withdraws troops after Ukraine encircles key city
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?