DENVER (AP) — Authorities say the body of a missing Minnesota native has been found in Denver about a month after he was last seen.
The Denver Medical Examiner’s Office on Sunday identified the man as 29-year-old Adam Gilbertson. His body was found in the North Platte River on Saturday by volunteers who were searching for him.
The cause of death is still under investigation.
Gilbertson, a registered nurse, did not show up for work on Dec. 15. His employers called his family, who initiated a search.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
Family members said he was last seen at about 1 a.m. that day, leaving a bar about a quarter-mile from his apartment.
Gilbertson graduated from a nursing program in Wyoming in August.