DENVER (AP) — Authorities say the body of a missing Minnesota native has been found in Denver about a month after he was last seen.
The Denver Medical Examiner’s Office on Sunday identified the man as 29-year-old Adam Gilbertson. His body was found in the North Platte River on Saturday by volunteers who were searching for him.
The cause of death is still under investigation.
Gilbertson, a registered nurse, did not show up for work on Dec. 15. His employers called his family, who initiated a search.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Woman finds tiger in house, tells dispatch: 'I'm not lying' WATCH
Family members said he was last seen at about 1 a.m. that day, leaving a bar about a quarter-mile from his apartment.
Gilbertson graduated from a nursing program in Wyoming in August.