DENVER (AP) — Authorities say the body of a missing Minnesota native has been found in Denver about a month after he was last seen.
The Denver Medical Examiner’s Office on Sunday identified the man as 29-year-old Adam Gilbertson. His body was found in the North Platte River on Saturday by volunteers who were searching for him.
The cause of death is still under investigation.
Gilbertson, a registered nurse, did not show up for work on Dec. 15. His employers called his family, who initiated a search.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
Family members said he was last seen at about 1 a.m. that day, leaving a bar about a quarter-mile from his apartment.
Gilbertson graduated from a nursing program in Wyoming in August.