EAST HADDAM, Conn. (AP) — Authorities say a body has been found in a Connecticut home that burned.
The body was found after the fire at the East Haddam home Monday afternoon was extinguished.
State police did not release the victim’s name, nor give a gender or age. An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause of death.
The fire was reported just after 3 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- A risky business in Trump loans: Deutsche Bank’s affinity for an outcast client VIEW
- Tens of thousands converge on California 'poppy apocalypse' VIEW
Multiple departments, including firefighters from East Haddam and Colchester, arrived within minutes but the home was already engulfed in flames.
The cause remains under investigation.