EAST HADDAM, Conn. (AP) — Authorities say a body has been found in a Connecticut home that burned.
The body was found after the fire at the East Haddam home Monday afternoon was extinguished.
State police did not release the victim’s name, nor give a gender or age. An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause of death.
The fire was reported just after 3 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Putin blasts US, West over NATO before Serbia visit
- Trump invokes one of the worst Native American massacres to mock Elizabeth Warren
Multiple departments, including firefighters from East Haddam and Colchester, arrived within minutes but the home was already engulfed in flames.
The cause remains under investigation.