EAST HADDAM, Conn. (AP) — Authorities say a body has been found in a Connecticut home that burned.
The body was found after the fire at the East Haddam home Monday afternoon was extinguished.
State police did not release the victim’s name, nor give a gender or age. An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause of death.
The fire was reported just after 3 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
Multiple departments, including firefighters from East Haddam and Colchester, arrived within minutes but the home was already engulfed in flames.
The cause remains under investigation.