EAST HADDAM, Conn. (AP) — Authorities say a body has been found in a Connecticut home that burned.
The body was found after the fire at the East Haddam home Monday afternoon was extinguished.
State police did not release the victim’s name, nor give a gender or age. An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause of death.
The fire was reported just after 3 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
- Labrador dog named Lucy saves Oregon man from sex conviction
Multiple departments, including firefighters from East Haddam and Colchester, arrived within minutes but the home was already engulfed in flames.
The cause remains under investigation.