EAST HADDAM, Conn. (AP) — Authorities say a body has been found in a Connecticut home that burned.
The body was found after the fire at the East Haddam home Monday afternoon was extinguished.
State police did not release the victim’s name, nor give a gender or age. An autopsy is scheduled to determine the cause of death.
The fire was reported just after 3 p.m.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
Multiple departments, including firefighters from East Haddam and Colchester, arrived within minutes but the home was already engulfed in flames.
The cause remains under investigation.