CRESTLINE, Calif. (AP) — Authorities have identified a body that was discovered buried in a Southern California cave after someone saw a hand sticking out of the ground.
San Bernardino County coroner’s investigators say she’s 32-year-old Jessica Widner of Lake Arrowhead.
The woman’s body was discovered Thursday night in a cave in Crestline, a community in the San Bernardino Mountains east of Los Angeles.
A woman contacted authorities to save she had seen a human hand sticking out of the ground near a glass bottle dump.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
Sheriff’s deputies found a small cave dug into a hillside and the body was inside the cave. Authorities say it appears part of the cave may have collapsed and buried the woman.
Her body was recovered Friday.