TUNTUTULIAK, Alaska (AP) — The state medical examiner will attempt to identify a body found along a river in rural southwest Alaska.
Alaska State Troopers say human remains were found Sunday near Tuntutuliak (toon-too-TOO-lee-ak).
Troopers in Bethel received a call early Sunday afternoon that the body was found on the Kuskokwim River just north of the Tuntutuliak River.
Troopers took possession of the body Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal