FLORENCE, Ore. (AP) — The U.S. Coast Guard says crews pulled an unresponsive person from the Pacific Ocean after a boat capsized near the Siuslaw River.
The Coast Guard says a helicopter crew was flying from North Bend to Newport whey they saw an overturned boat outside the river’s north jetty near Florence.
Crews searched the area for additional people who may have been aboard the vessel, but later confirmed only one person was aboard.
The Coast Guard says the person died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Packing his bags: Trump plans jet-setting summer of travel
No additional information was immediately available.