FLORENCE, Ore. (AP) — The U.S. Coast Guard says crews pulled an unresponsive person from the Pacific Ocean after a boat capsized near the Siuslaw River.
The Coast Guard says a helicopter crew was flying from North Bend to Newport whey they saw an overturned boat outside the river’s north jetty near Florence.
Crews searched the area for additional people who may have been aboard the vessel, but later confirmed only one person was aboard.
The Coast Guard says the person died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kellyanne Conway dismisses her husband's concerns that President Trump's mental health is deteriorating
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- DNA testing helps police confirm Ted Bundy killed missing Utah teen
- Trump targets Biden after former VP's verbal slip
- A risky business in Trump loans: Deutsche Bank’s affinity for an outcast client VIEW
No additional information was immediately available.