ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) — A man missing in Lake Hartwell on the South Carolina-Georgia state line has been found dead.
Ryan Herring with the Anderson County Technical Rescue Team told news outlets that 25-year-old Martin Acevedo of Pendleton was found in 137 feet (42 meters) of water Wednesday afternoon.
Acevedo had been missing since he and another man were thrown from a 19-foot (6-meter) bass boat by a wave on the lake Sunday night. The other man made it back to the boat.
Anderson County Deputy Coroner Don McCown ruled Acevedo’s death a drowning and said his body showed no other sign of injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man known for duping sexual predators online killed in confrontation
- Bedbugs torment Paris ahead of 2024 Olympics: 'No one is safe'
- Two people killed by grizzly bear at Banff National Park in Canada
- Chicagoan sets record for oldest skydiver at 104 years old: ‘Age is just a number’
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events