EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A 15-year-old girl from Singapore who attended a New Jersey boarding school has been killed in a skiing accident in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains.
Officials at Shawnee Mountain Ski Area near East Stroudsburg tell WNEP-TV (http://bit.ly/2jrjP2c ) that Juliette Dajani died when she struck an orange safety fence after losing control and skiing off the bottom of a trail Monday.
Resort officials say Juliette was at the resort for a team event with her school, Blair Academy in Blairstown, New Jersey.
Dajani was from Singapore, but the resort and the coroner’s office did not release information about her hometown.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- Bail set at $1M for uncle suspected of killing Lynnwood 6-year-old
- As Amazon’s deadline for HQ2 bids closes, speculation on winner heats up
The coroner ruled her death an accident from blunt force trauma injuries.
The school says it is “deeply saddened by the tragic loss of our student.”
Information from: WNEP-TV, http://www.wnep.com