PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Authorities say an armed man robbed two residents inside a Philadelphia boarding home and then shot and critically injured another resident who came upon the second robbery.
The gunman entered the home late Tuesday through an open front door and went to the second floor, where he robbed a man at gunpoint. He then went to another room where he robbed and pistol-whipped another resident.
A 29-year-old man who lives in the home arrived there around that time. He saw the robbery in progress and tried to flee, but authorities say the gunman shot him once in the back.
The gunman fled the home on foot following the shooting and remained at large Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A wolflike creature was stalking livestock in Montana. Authorities have no idea what it is.
- Man arrested after driver rams into 3 on Oregon sidewalk VIEW
- Lava from Hawaii volcano enters ocean from 3 flows VIEW
- Sheriff: High school athletes tried to rape teen with mop
- Trump cancels summit with Kim; North Korea still wants talks VIEW
The shooting victim is hospitalized in critical condition. His name has not been released.