GROTON, Conn. (AP) — U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal has scheduled a town hall discussion with high school students in Groton to discuss school safety, gun violence and other youth concerns.
The Connecticut Democrat’s event is set for Monday afternoon at Fitch High School.
Blumenthal says he also plans to discuss college affordability, climate change, opioids, immigration reform and other issues important to students.
The senator held a similar town hall at Branford High School earlier this month in the wake of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting and nationwide student walkouts over gun reform. He said then that young people have been the driving force behind key social change movements.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest