ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Forecasters say the weekend will bring wintry weather conditions to northern New Mexico.
The National Weather Service says rain and mountain snow showers will dip below the Colorado line Saturday afternoon and the snow level will drop to valley bottoms by Saturday night.
Forecasts call for about 6 inches (15 centimeters) of snow on Raton Pass, up to 3 inches (7.6 centimeters) in mountains east of Albuquerque and west of Las Vegas and up to 4 inches (10 centimeters) at Angel Fire and Red River.
Travel conditions are expected to be satisfactory in most areas but Raton Pass late Saturday is expected to have a major impact from the cold front crossing the state.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
- Man nabbed in wife's chain saw attack was deported 11 times