BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (AP) — One man has died in an officer-involved shooting near Black River Falls in western Wisconsin.
Jackson County Sheriff Duane Waldera says it happened early Saturday when a deputy went to investigate a call about disorderly conduct and a possible restraining order violation.
Waldera tells WEAU-TV a car chase ensued after the deputy arrived. He says the subject apparently then tried to drive to the residence of the person who complained and refused to stop. He says events unfolded from there.
The subject was a 27-year-old man from the Black River Falls area. His name hasn’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The deputy was placed on administrative leave while the shooting is investigated.
The Division of Criminal Investigation will lead the investigation and turn the results over to the Jackson County District Attorney’s Office.