NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Black ice on roadways has resulted in a slew of car accidents in Virginia as wintry conditions have caused numerous headaches for commuters.
The Virginian-Pilot reports that traffic accidents have caused morning delays all across the Hampton Roads area. At least 10 crashes have been reported in Virginia Beach, many of them blamed on black ice.
Norfolk police have reported one fatal crash about dawn Tuesday, closing all southbound and northbound lanes of Tidewater Drive.
A tractor-trailer also overturned on the I-264 in Portsmouth, closing lanes in one swath of the highway impacted by other road accidents.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Forecaster Larry Brown tells the newspaper that local temperatures hovered around freezing at dawn.
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com