WASHINGTON (AP) — A black congresswoman says President Donald Trump is racist for joking about her intelligence and again called for his impeachment.
Democrat Maxine Waters of California fired back after Trump referred to Waters’ previous calls for his impeachment at the Gridiron Dinner this weekend in Washington.
Trump said at the dinner: “Maxine Waters, ‘He must be impeached!’ That’s all she knows how to say.”
He added, “She has to immediately take an IQ test.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
- How the rural-urban divide became America’s political fault line
Waters said Sunday on MSNBC: “He has been name-calling. He’s been saying all kinds of things. And I certainly expected him to come out with some racist remarks about me. So, he did exactly what I expected him do.”
The White House did not immediately respond Monday to a request for comment on Waters’ allegation.