WASHINGTON (AP) — A black congresswoman says President Donald Trump is racist for joking about her intelligence and again called for his impeachment.
Democrat Maxine Waters of California fired back after Trump referred to Waters’ previous calls for his impeachment at the Gridiron Dinner this weekend in Washington.
Trump said at the dinner: “Maxine Waters, ‘He must be impeached!’ That’s all she knows how to say.”
He added, “She has to immediately take an IQ test.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump asks Supreme Court to intervene in Mar-a-Lago dispute
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘you’re not welcome’
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Waters said Sunday on MSNBC: “He has been name-calling. He’s been saying all kinds of things. And I certainly expected him to come out with some racist remarks about me. So, he did exactly what I expected him do.”
The White House did not immediately respond Monday to a request for comment on Waters’ allegation.