WELLFLEET, Mass. (AP) — A shark conservation group says two thresher sharks that washed up on the Cape Cod shore likely fell victim to the bitter cold.
A statement from the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy says the sharks were discovered Wednesday in Orleans and Wellfleet. Officials believe they succumbed to cold shock.
The conservancy’s program director, Michelle Wcisel, tells the Boston Globe that both sharks were about 14 feet long.
State and federal officials also responded to help collect organ and tissues samples.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- A famed folk singer won a presidential pardon after molesting a child. Did he prey on others?
- ‘So I raped you.’ Facebook message renews fight for justice
- They’re vaccinated and keeping their masks on, maybe forever
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center