BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A Bismarck man is on trial for allegedly firing a shotgun at a law officer during a 15-hour standoff two years ago.
Thirty-eight-year-old Brandon Lyon is charged with attempted murder, terrorizing and a weapons count. He could face up to 35 years in prison if convicted.
The Bismarck Tribune reports that his trial began Tuesday, with attorneys arguing over whether evidence shows Lyon intended to kill the officer during the October 2015 standoff that eventually ended with Lyon being taken into custody without incident.
The trial is scheduled through Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
Information from: Bismarck Tribune, http://www.bismarcktribune.com