CANTON, Ohio (AP) — Organizers in Ohio are beginning to plan for the NFL Centennial Celebration in two years.
Officials in Canton haven’t yet announced any of the events for the weeklong celebration in the city that’s the birthplace of the NFL.
But Pro Football Hall of Fame officials say they expect it will be the biggest gathering in the history of football.
The event is to take place during September 2020 to mark the league’s 100th season.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Former Mariners reliever Danny Farquhar 'stable but in critical condition' after passing out in dugout
- UPDATE: Throw out romaine lettuce from SW Arizona, CDC warns as E. coli spreads
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama
- Scott Pruitt before the EPA: Fancy homes, a shell company and friends with money
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought VIEW
Members of the host committee tell The Repository that they are in the early stages of planning.
The head of the Canton visitors bureau says the event should have a significant economic impact that spreads through northeastern Ohio.
Information from: The Repository, http://www.cantonrep.com