PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The oldest polar bear in the United States has turned 35.
The Philadelphia Zoo says their polar bear named Coldilocks had her birthday Wednesday. She celebrated with a cake made of ice, raisins, peanut butter and trail mix. She was also given two pumpkins as a treat.
Coldilocks was born in New York and has been at the Philadelphia Zoo since she was just a year old.
The typical lifespan of polar bears in captivity is 23 years.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transition begin
- Biden transition gets govt OK after Trump out of options
- Man leaves $3K tip for a beer as restaurant closes for virus
- Pandemic crowds bring ‘Rivergeddon’ to Montana’s famed fishing streams VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
For more than three decades, Coldilocks and her polar bear partner, Klondike, were ambassadors at the zoo for their species in the wild.
Klondike died in October at age 34.
This story’s headlines have been corrected to show the bear turned 35, not 34.