BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A police officer in Birmingham, Alabama, has been arrested on two felony charges.
AL.com reports the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office issued warrants Friday against Officer Tony Noble Williams for first-degree theft of property and ethics law violation. No details of his alleged crimes have been released.
Jail records indicate the crimes happened March 14.
Williams was booked into the Jefferson County Jail at 1:26 a.m. Saturday and released at 3:23 a.m. after posting $10,000 bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
It was unknown if he’s represented by an attorney.