BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — Three Billings police officers have been suspended without pay for having sex on city property.
Police Chief Rich St. John says two officers were suspended for two weeks for having sex with a civilian employee of the department while they were on duty. A third was suspended for a week for having sex with the same woman while he was off duty.
St. John declined to identify the officers until the city attorney reviewed the issue. He said the suspensions were for conduct violations that happened in late 2016 and early 2017.
St. John says the information about the relationships came to light while the department was investigating the theft of drugs from the department’s evidence locker. The thefts involved evidence from 138 cases.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- The coming California megastorm