Bill Cosby has been ordered to give a deposition in a lawsuit by a woman who says she was molested as a 15-year-old at the Playboy Mansion in the 1970s.
A Los Angeles judge has ordered comedian Bill Cosby to give a deposition in a lawsuit by a woman who says she was molested as a 15-year-old at the Playboy Mansion in the 1970s.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Craig Karlan ruled Wednesday that Cosby, 77, must be interviewed under oath Oct. 9 as part of a civil suit filed by Judy Huth. Huth will be deposed Oct. 15.
“We are pleased that we will now be able to move ahead without further delay on Ms. Huth’s case, and we look forward to taking Mr. Cosby’s deposition on Oct. 9, 2015,” Huth’s attorney, Gloria Allred, said in a statement.
The decision comes after a Pennsylvania judge last month released a 2005 deposition stemming from a sexual-abuse case against Cosby. He said in the deposition that he obtained Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to women he wanted to have sex with and that he gave them to at least one woman.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- Beneath Biden’s folksy demeanor, a short fuse and an obsession with details
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- Why is COVID-19 killing so many young children in Brazil? Doctors are baffled
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The deposition was part of a 2005 and 2006 lawsuit filed by Andrea Constand, a former Temple University employee who alleges Cosby drugged and inappropriately touched her.
More than 45 women have accused “The Cosby Show” star of sexual misconduct dating back to the late 1960s.
Huth said she and a 16-year-old friend met the comedian at a San Marino park in 1974. Later, she said, Cosby gave her alcohol and led her to the Playboy Mansion, where the alleged attack occurred.
Huth says she suffered “psychological injuries and illnesses.”
The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office declined to file charges against Cosby in December because the 40-year-old case exceeded the statute of limitations.
“Therefore, prosecution today for any potential felony sex crime from 1974 would also be barred,” the D.A. said in a court document.