DOVER, Del. (AP) — The Firefly Music Festival in Delaware is drawing big names this week including Kendrick Lamar and Eminem, but critics say women are being left out of the lineup.
The News Journal reports that since the festival began in 2012, only one of 26 headline acts has had a female lead — Florence and the Machine.
Only two female acts are included in this year’s 95-act lineup over four days at The Woodlands near Dover International Speedway.
Firefly representatives declined comment to the paper.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 40% of people with coronavirus have no symptoms; might they be the key to ending the pandemic?
- Portland protesters set fire to police union headquarters as tensions rise again VIEW
- How to clean your face mask to help prevent getting and spreading the coronavirus VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Nine people test positive for coronavirus at Georgia school where photos of packed hallways went viral
The festival begins Thursday.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com