DOVER, Del. (AP) — The Firefly Music Festival in Delaware is drawing big names this week including Kendrick Lamar and Eminem, but critics say women are being left out of the lineup.
The News Journal reports that since the festival began in 2012, only one of 26 headline acts has had a female lead — Florence and the Machine.
Only two female acts are included in this year’s 95-act lineup over four days at The Woodlands near Dover International Speedway.
Firefly representatives declined comment to the paper.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- His siblings were killed when the Hart family's van went off a cliff. He had been left in foster care.
- Ring camera installed in a children's room for 'peace of mind' is hacked, 8-year-old daughter harassed
- Democrats, DeVos clash in fiery hearing that turned personal
- US finally giving boot to official foot measurement
- Alaska island volcano erupts, sends ash cloud to Bering Sea
The festival begins Thursday.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com