BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Former Vice President Joe Biden will headline the North Dakota Democratic-NPL Convention next month.
Biden is also appearing on behalf of Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, as she seeks re-election to a second six-year term. In a news release, Biden said Heitkamp has been a strong leader who gets the job done for the people she serves.
The convention in Grand Forks is scheduled for March 15-18. Biden will speak on March 17. The former vice president has said he’ll keep his options open as he considers a run for president in 2020.
A presidential candidate twice before, Biden would be 78 on Inauguration Day if elected in 2020, a concerning prospect for some Democrats, even though he’s only a few years older than Trump.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog