NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City bicyclist delivering Chinese food is blaming the Waze navigation app for directing him into the busy Lincoln Tunnel, where bikes are banned.
A Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman says 19-year-old Bruce Lee was stopped Tuesday evening after he pedaled into the tunnel, which connects Manhattan and New Jersey.
The Staten Island man told police that he was directed into the tunnel under the Hudson River by the Waze app on his phone.
He was arrested on charges of trespass and criminal possession of a weapon after a dagger was found in his possession. It wasn’t immediately clear if he had a lawyer who could comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Logjam of tourists at Glacier National Park
- Man, 30, Dies After Attending a ‘COVID Party,’ Texas Hospital Says
- Florida breaks US record with 15,300 coronavirus cases reported in single day
- 'Blood on his hands': In scathing obituary, woman blames governor for her father's covid-19 death
- At Coyote Ridge, amid 229 COVID-19 cases, inmates say conditions are 'disgusting'