LOS ANGELES (AP) — Beyonce is in a 1990’s mood as she salutes singer Toni Braxton for Halloween.
Beyonce appears on Instagram in a pixie wig, leather jacket, white tank top and jeans to re-create Braxton’s 1993 album, which she labeled Phoni Braxton. In the last of the three images, Beyonce writes: “Sending love and adoration to one of our talented legends. Thank you for the countless bops. Your tone, your beauty, your range, and your God-given talent is treasured.”
Braxton returned the love on Twitter by asking how Bey could “look better than me on MY album cover?”
Beyonce channeling other artists is a bit of a Halloween tradition. Last year, it was Lil’ Kim.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog