BERKSHIRE, Vt. (AP) — Authorities say a high-speed crash in East Berkshire has taken the life of a man.
Police say they witnessed the pickup truck traveling more than 100 miles per hour on Route 118 Friday night. The vehicle went off the road, hit a guardrail and crashed over an embankment.
The driver was 33-year-old Michael J. Smith. The Berkshire man was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say he was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
The crash is under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'