VENTURA, Calif. (AP) — A bear found in a Southern California neighborhood has been captured and relocated.
Police say the 250-pound male bear was spotted Wednesday afternoon in the city of Ventura.
The California Department of Fish and Wildlife was summoned and the bear was tranquilized before being taken to a wooded area north of the city.
Police posted photos of the sleeping bear on the department’s Facebook page.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 5 things about COVID we still don't understand — at our peril
- Trump reportedly admitted taking Kim Jong Un letters from White House
- Trump’s troubles worsen: 6 legal landmines facing the ex-president
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
This story has been corrected to show the state, not federal, wildlife agency was summoned.