LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A northeastern Nebraska school superintendent has been named the new executive director of the Nebraska School Activities Association.
Lincoln radio station KFOR reports that Battle Creek schools superintendent Jay Bellar will replace NSAA director Jim Tenopir, who came out of retirement to serve in an interim role.
Bellar has an extensive background as an educator, coach and athletic administrator and has been Battle Creek’s superintendent for 20 years. He currently is the District III representatives on the NSAA’s Board of Directors.
Bellar is set to start the new post on July 1.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
The NSAA sets policies for Nebraska high school sports and extracurricular activities.
Information from: KFOR-AM, http://www.kfor1240.com