LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A northeastern Nebraska school superintendent has been named the new executive director of the Nebraska School Activities Association.
Lincoln radio station KFOR reports that Battle Creek schools superintendent Jay Bellar will replace NSAA director Jim Tenopir, who came out of retirement to serve in an interim role.
Bellar has an extensive background as an educator, coach and athletic administrator and has been Battle Creek’s superintendent for 20 years. He currently is the District III representatives on the NSAA’s Board of Directors.
Bellar is set to start the new post on July 1.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
The NSAA sets policies for Nebraska high school sports and extracurricular activities.
Information from: KFOR-AM, http://www.kfor1240.com