LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A northeastern Nebraska school superintendent has been named the new executive director of the Nebraska School Activities Association.
Lincoln radio station KFOR reports that Battle Creek schools superintendent Jay Bellar will replace NSAA director Jim Tenopir, who came out of retirement to serve in an interim role.
Bellar has an extensive background as an educator, coach and athletic administrator and has been Battle Creek’s superintendent for 20 years. He currently is the District III representatives on the NSAA’s Board of Directors.
Bellar is set to start the new post on July 1.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
- Labrador dog named Lucy saves Oregon man from sex conviction
The NSAA sets policies for Nebraska high school sports and extracurricular activities.
Information from: KFOR-AM, http://www.kfor1240.com