LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A northeastern Nebraska school superintendent has been named the new executive director of the Nebraska School Activities Association.
Lincoln radio station KFOR reports that Battle Creek schools superintendent Jay Bellar will replace NSAA director Jim Tenopir, who came out of retirement to serve in an interim role.
Bellar has an extensive background as an educator, coach and athletic administrator and has been Battle Creek’s superintendent for 20 years. He currently is the District III representatives on the NSAA’s Board of Directors.
Bellar is set to start the new post on July 1.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
The NSAA sets policies for Nebraska high school sports and extracurricular activities.
Information from: KFOR-AM, http://www.kfor1240.com