DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A minor league baseball fan in Florida is on a mission to help a pair of ospreys whose nest atop the left field lights is in the path of the weekly fireworks show.
Celine Sullivan is a longtime fan of the Daytona Tortugas. She tells the Daytona Beach News-Journal she watched the smoke and flaming debris swirl around the ospreys during a fireworks show after the home opener.
Sullivan and David Hartgrove of the Halifax River Audubon chapter asked the team to either stop the fireworks show, or move it. It wasn’t an issue last season when the nest was atop the first base lights.
Team President Ryan Keur and city spokeswoman Susan Cerbone say they’ll work on a solution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller reveals Trump's attempts to choke off Russia probe VIEW
- 3 climbers presumed dead after Banff avalanche
- Here's the redacted Mueller report and what you need to know about it
- Key takeaways from Robert Mueller's Russia report VIEW
- Thailand says US man's seasteading home violates sovereignty
The team is an affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds.