BARRE, Vt. (AP) — Barre officials continue to discuss renovating the city’s outdoor pool.
The Times Argus reports city councilors met Tuesday to lead a talk about the potential project. According to City Manager Steve Mackenzie, upgrades will cost between $650,000 and $750,000. Mackenzie says a “learn to swim zone” and a splash park would be included in the renovation along with an upgraded bathhouse.
Some residents have called for the creation of an indoor pool instead. Councilor Brandon Batham says an indoor pool would cost the city too much. However, Councilor Michael Boutin says he would consider a nonprofit or for-profit proposal to build an indoor facility.
Mayor Thomas Lauzon says he will contact officials in Barre Town, Berlin and Montpelier to gauge interest in a regional recreation center.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
Information from: The Times Argus, http://www.timesargus.com/