FLORISSANT, Mo. (AP) — A man killed in a shooting at a suburban St. Louis sports bar was the father of three teenagers and a premature infant who recently died.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 43-year-old Scott Beary, of Winchester, died in the Wednesday afternoon shooting at Show-Me’s Sports Bar & Grill. Florissant Police Chief Timothy Lowery says the shooter was disarmed and detained by other patrons until police arrived.
Witness Carl Leavy says the shooting happened after an argument about a dog’s weight boiled over and another man pulled a gun. Beary’s brother, Don Beary, lamented the killing, asking “When in this country are we going to stop with the violence?”
Scott Beary was the father of a 16-, 15- and 13-year-old. The funeral for his 11-day-old daughter was Feb. 2.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com